Route 66 Studios - 66 Studios are text spammers

Style and Design
Usability

Continuous spam texts from thes A Holes! Stop it 66 or else i will add ur emails to the biggest spamming scammers online

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 10, 2017.

Route 66 Studios - Took Order, $, never delivered

Paid $95 in Oct, 2011 and never got part which was a floppy drive. Every time I contact them they are "right on it". Obviously never going to deliver. They stole my money period dot. Have several other instances on the interent of them doing exact same thing so my bad for not doing my research first before paying them.

Need 100 words blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 23, 2013.

Route 66 Studios - Richard Walsh of Route66studios is Dishonest

On May 22nd, I paid a paypal invoice sent to me via email from Richard Walsh himself for the amount of $39 USD ($26 + $13s/h) for the purchase of Ensoniq 2.40 Eproms. As of August 23rd, 2012 I still haven't received the Ensoniq 2.40 Eproms I paid for on May 22, 2012. This is should've taken at the most 1 to 2 weeks not 3+ months.

My emails are not being answered, they don't answer the phone, Richard Walsh is a thief, he stole my money and did not send the merchandise. He seems to have a bad reputation for doing this sort of things to alot of people. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Board of Wisconsin, Federal Trade Commission, Paypal and FBI for internet scam and non-delivery of merchandise. He keeps promising to ship the item about once/month but never does and keeps asking for the shipping address everytime. The customer service is for the birds too!

DON'T SEND ANY MONEY TO www.ROUTE66STUDIOS.COM

HE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND PRETEND TO SHIP ITEMS, OR LOSE YOUR ORDER

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 23, 2012.

Route 66 Studios - ROUTE 66 STAFF ARE RUDE

Route 66 website advertises that they make replacement disk drived for a whole list of "no longer available" musical instruments.

I too ordered some disk drives from Route 66 for Korg T3 synthesizer amounting to many hundreds of dollars.(The same price as an international air ticket) The shipment VANISHED for 3 months. The owner of route 66 was threatning in his approach every time he was contacted.

Firstly he did not want to deal with me address as I am based in South Africa, so we ordered the parts though a U.K. associate of mine. It took many many phonecalls both international as well as from my family in Texas to Route 66 only to be fobbed off and abused verbally. I'm South Africa it is not possible just to send money out of the country without proof of purchase, this all has to do with anti money laundering laws.

When I told the owner of Route 66 this, he blatantly called me a liar. All I wanted from the rude owner of Route 66 was an invoice stating that the parts had been sent and when they were sent, and from which post office, as I was "red flagged" at the bank where I was required to provide proof of purchase. The banks here check invoices when goods are imported. This individual at Route 66 became really nasty.

The parts which were ordered did eventually arrive and can say that they worked fine. In closing, I would rather tell my clients that I can't get the drives from the regular agents/manufacturers any longer, and mention that Route 66 may be able to supply an equivalent, however, I am not interested in being abused by the owner of Route 66. I dont care how good he is at making drives work for vintage equipment, he needs to go on an interpersonal skills course. Tim Pullen of ORGAN-FIX Durban South Africa.

If anyone wants to contact me, they can google me for an email address.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 23, 2008.

Comments

declared as "gift", i had to pay tax & custom in germany for the floppy for korg dss 1

"refurbished" instead of new, not functionable - not recommendable

$ 72 for disposal :(

I've been waiting for 6 months for Route66 to deliver my order. They are a RIPOFF.

I should have googled a bit more before I ordered from them.

There are plenty of complaints about these scumbags. Do not buy from them.

Thanks Guys! You Rock, got my TG500 up and running!

Received my Alesis DM pro firmware update in 4 days, vary happy with the service.

TM

I placed an order for manuals and received them without issues.

Vary happy to find such a company with vintage parts.

I had no probs with Route 66 at all, glad you guys are around!

Purchased the Emax CD set, vary good deal for the money. No probs fast shipping.

Mac Emax user

Placed an order for Alesis DM pro roms, everything arrived as advertised.

I am vary happy with service and products.

Camo

#209609

I think Route 66 is a pretty cool company, couldn't find 2.30 Roms for JX10 but they had them!

Dealt with Stacy no probs! Thanks guys.

#207390

Whatever, your never gonna tell it like it is and people like you can never be satisfied no matter what the case. I am glad you had your little two cents to rub together, good for you! LOL

#205376

Richard, you are really showing yourself up a a juvenile.

You have no idea of who you are talking to or what my qualifications are.

The Tracking number you gave me did not reflect on the EMS website.

I phoned your post office and they had no record of the parcel being sent out. I was on the line with the post office for 45 minutes on an international trunk call, because you did not have your telephone answered.

So

I pay money to you at a high value.

Bank here says where are the goods?

I say to the bank they are being shipped.

Bank says prove it, where are the shipping docs.

Route 66 replies - I don't have to send you shipping docs, print them yourself.

I tell Route 66 - Tracking number print is not working, and bank wants a scan of the actual SENDING OUT DOCUMENT.

Route 66 keep repeating over and over - Print it yourself.

I am getting into trouble with the FOREX department at the bank and my FOREX account is blocked due to lack of paper-submission to bank.

I tell Richard of Route 66 of this problem and he tells me that I am lying and talking sh*t.

I then get hold of My relative in Texas to try to speak to Richard, to further explain the problem - AT THIS STAGE I DIDNT CARE THAT THE PARCEL WASN'T WITH ME, MY MAIN CONCERN WAS THAT I NOW HAD A BLOCKED FOREX ACCOUNT WITH A $40 000 DOLLAR SHIPMENT FROM THE EAST NOT ABLE TO BE PAID ONLY BECAUSE RICHARD WAS TO LAZY - *** - TO SCAN ME A SENDING OUT DOCUMENT, OR WAS IT BECAUSE HE DIDNT ACTUALLY HAVE PROOF OF SENDING OUT.

Richard kept telling me that I need to track the parcel from MY SIDE. Tracking doesn't work like that, tracking needs to follow from the first point, not from the last point.

Only once Richard knew that there was a real chance of Route 66 being used as an example of bad customer service at an AMERICAN convention in Las Vegas, did we have some positive reaction from him.

When the EMS parcel finally reached me some months later - The EMS air waybill into South Africa, showed that it had only been in South Africa for 48 hours before it reached me.

So Richard, I don't think that I can blame EMS here on the receiving side. The delay was caused by some "off shore" reason - Since the off shore origin was USA, the hold up for the months must have been some problem in the USA.

Any company worth it's salt would have helped to resolve the problem, since it was their territory.

So in final closing, since the delay way in the USA, how was it my fault?

Richard also remember that your products however good they might be, are not essential to life. We / customers, actually don't need your spare parts to live, so it does not make any difference to me that you have decided to no longer ship out of the USA borders.

I was once told that it is pointless arguing with *** people, because the just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#205293

Tim here's the thing we provided you with the EMS tracking numbers and showed you that YOU could PRINT yourself a copy. Did you do that? NOPE! Are you so *** that you can't go the to the www.USPS.COM site and print this? Are you kidding me, are you like 6yrs old?

We made you a Word doc copy of our invoice, but that too was not good enough for you. Everything we did for you was not good enough and on top of that you blame US for the EMS shipping hang-up? Come on Tim!

We showed you that you have a valid invoice in your Pay Pal payment sent/received history. Still not good enough.

Then you have other people call us that are not related to this transaction at ALL...WTF? Sorry were NOT going to chat with them about your business at all.

I assume that you were smart enough to see that this type or behavior was not going to be productive. So here it is, I am sorry if you feel I was rude to whomever you had call us asking questions about an account not related to them at all.

We no longer ship overseas because of garbage like this.

Good luck to you Tim.

#204608

Thank you for your sh*tty reply Richard, you have finally come out of the woodwork and have shown your real colours. This is exactly the attitude that I have commented on.

I said that 1) When we received the goods they worked, but 2) that you have a nasty attitude and were unhelpful with providing a waybill / proof of sending by EMS.

Just in case you don't understand - which is now becoming more and more evident that you just a "local yokel" with little or no international experience - A NOTE ON PAYPAY WAS NOT WAT WAS REQUESTED FROM YOU !! WE JUST ASKED VERY KINDLY FOR YOU TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THE EMS SHIPPING COMPANY DOCUMENT, SO THAT WE COULD TRACK THE GOODS WHICH HAD NOT ARRIVED AFTER WAITING MONTHS.

Unfortunately unqualified comments about people from other parts of the world whom you have never met, can create a very negative impression about Americans.

You know diddly squat about why I am in Africa, or what my purpose is in being in a 3rd world hole as you call it.

I am in Africa, helping in many ways to make the Southern Most country on the tip of Africa a better place for future generations.

You need to ask yourself what exactly it is that you have done for mankind, sitting in a comfortable 1st world country changing jumpers on the back of a diskdrive unit is not exactly Nobel Prizeworthy.

I hope you also have a backup plan for your business. Disk drives have been superseded by other technology, and as time progresses expect your disk drive replacement activities to dwindle.

I have always remained polite to you, and upheld my side of the business dealing - which was 1) Order the goods and 2) Ensure that you received adequate payment in a currency of your choice, which happens to be USA $

In return your responsibility and commitment is to 1)Take your stock 2)Adequately pack it 3)TIMEOUSLY dispatch by pre-arranged shipping method, which was decided to be EMS Shipping. And then to 4)Provide whatever documentation is needed BY THE CUSTOMER OR THE CUSTOMER'S CLEARING AGENT to clear or receive the goods.

A HINT !!! If a customer says to you that they need proof of dispatch documentation to be faxed or emailed as a PDF, don't for fu*akes keep telling the customer that they (the customer) have the PAYPAL documentation and that is sufficient. :cry :cry :cry

ANOTHER HINT :( :(

When a customer who has paid you in full, tells you that his bank has a ruling that amounts over a certain limit have to be cleared with international exchange (FOREX) control which is a government ruling designed to monitor international transactions, it is not up to you to say that the international client is lying.

You are now boring me. In the past It was often the system's fault that people are ignorant and uninformed and maybe even kept in the dark - But it's the individuals own fault if they remain ignorant.

Google is an amazing tool which would tell you a lot about FOREX laws and international money transactions.

As I said before, I have no intention to try to harm your business or anyone else's business, but rudeness and stupidity can be worked on.

Good luck

#204473

OMG: Oh, and yes, I could have moved the cute little jumpers and fixed the drive myself, but you see, I was a bit busy with the band on the road. Something you can only dream about.

Ok there Kenny Loggins LOL what a ***!

#204434

Tim you were sent everything you asked for and still couldn’t get it straight. On top of that you were not even the buyer listed in Pay pal! We did not even have to speak to YOU or your *** friend at all. We don’t make a habit of sharing sellers info with third parties, maybe this is something you do in your 3rd world hole but we don’t make a habit of it.

This is why we no longer ship overseas, *** like Tim Pullen who for whatever reason can't read an Email or a tracking doc nor does he EVEN know how to use Pay pal. Then decides to try and make us and others look bad over his problems.

Get a life looser

to Richard From Route 66 San Francisco, California, United States #667936

it is spelled 'loser' but we get the point.

#204432

Henery, or is it Henry, G?

If I may answer your question....the reason YOU (Oops, I mean Route 66 Folks) get on here to post "happy thoughts" is because, again, you're reaching.

Perhaps you didn't notice, it's the PISSED CONSUMER website. If happy customers were going to post, they sure wouldn't do it here.

But you would, Henery/Henry. Obviously you are hiding behind a screen name because you have a little too much intel in your responses.

It's actually funny to watch you two at work, sitting in front of the computer, whilst you think of new and improved ways to "sound like a happy customer".

#203472

I purchased some Emax sound disks from Route 66.

While they were not as quick or communicative with the order as I would have liked I did receive the items in reasonable timeframe.

So I would not say I am negative towards the seller.

But it wouldn't hurt to be slightly better with communications with the customer.

#202630

Henry,

Your answer is incomplete as you presumably don't have the testicular gall to reply, as an honest reply might just show you up.

Frankly you are giving yourself a really bad name. If you are not with Route 66 how do you comment on what paperwork was sent or not sent.

Richard did not send the paperwork requested - I have emails to back this up.

The goods were addressed and sent to MY ADDRESS nobody elses. What would the point have been?

All I asked for was for Route66 Provide proof of posting.

Talking of being off the hook, Route66 was not answering their phone for the longest time, and when a relative of mine phoned Richard from her home in Texas, Richard was very very rude to her.

It is normal to ask for proof of sending when goods haven't arrived at their destination. If the proof is not forthcoming a client has a right to ask again and ad-infinitum until the company complies.

Instead of sending the proof of posting - Route 66 were abusive and full of sh*t.

If Richard had any integrity, he could simply apologise for being so rude and not supplying the EMS Traching document as requested.

In ending "Me thinketh, the lady doeth protest to much." You and Richard are probably the same person, or at very least cut from the same cloth.

I wish you and your little basement business heaps of luck and success. Your sh*ttiness is doubtlessly going to be a hinderance to you.

#202539

Hey Tim

The items were not shipped to you, YOU had them shipped to another address, pay pal has the seller shipping to ONLY the address listed. How is that anyone's fault? And Route 66 DID send you all the doc's but you were so off the hook nothing they did for you was good enough.

Do you really want to talk about uneducated, uninformed, semi-literate? Sir, look at some of your insane posts!

The proof is RIGHT here as your still in a constant rant over spilled milk.

Grow up and move on...and no one cares about MITA.

#200654

HENRY G:--

You wrote the following - and I quote " "

"even Tim Pullen stated he received his order and was happy with the product.

He was just pissed because he was yelled at, his communication break down with his BUYER in the UK is his own fault. "

===================

The company in the UK, were operating as the transferring bank.. They were the payers, but never were they the PURCHASER !! was always the purchaser.

As the purchaser, I paid money at the going rate, which Route66 received -- NOW SINCE YOU SEEM TO CONSIDER YOURSELF AN EXPERT IN THIS SUBJECT.

1) Please explain how I was supposedly in the wrong.

2) Was it unreasonable for me as a paying customer to request a copy of the "SHIPPING OUT DOCUMENT" or "BILL OF LADING".

3) If you had paid several hundred dollars out internationally, and your government picked up on the transaction BECAUSE IT WAS OVER A SPECIFIC AMOUNT, and in terms of the financial laws in my country EVERY transaction like this has to be registered with a document confirming SHIPPING IMPORT INFORMATION, would you request these documents from Route 66?

4) If Route 66 refused to send copies of these documents saying that they had been sent previously - would you call Route 66 or any other supplier co-operative.

5) If your banking account had been flagged as "INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS NOT PERMITTED DUE TO NON COMPLIANCE OF DOCUMENTATION." and if you had a payment blocked for $22,000.00 to a Far Eastern company for a container of musical instruments, would you still consider your Route 66 staff as "the good guys."

In closing I don't believe that you have the testicular gall, to reply and answer any of the above truthfully and intelligently.

Please people!!!! Some of the people posting on this forum, come across as uneducated, uninformed, semi-literate - Forumites need to realise that postings are read world-wide.

America stands for honesty, intelligence, integrity, neighborliness and fair play, let's not let the side down with replies that show the poster and the wonderful country in a bad light.

Leibnitz, Steiermark, Austria #200588

Hey J Frank If you were so unhappy with the manual then why didn’t you just send it back? If they are such hacks then why did you buy a drive from them?

Is it because you’re not smart enough to fix it yourself?

You sound a bit like a conspiracy theorist, why would the owners of Route 66 get on here to post when happy customers get on here and do it for them? You see…these are people that like Route 66 and don’t want to see it damaged by drama queens like you.

#199290

I have dealt with this company.

Look at the posts, people. How many times can you spell the same words wrong?

The owners of this company post on here trying to make themselves look good.

I ordered a floppy drive from Richard back in 2003. It worked fine. Took forever to get it, paid for it, and was given the runaround as to when the item would be shipped.

About six months later, I ordered a manual. I specifically asked if the manual was a reprint or a Xerox copy. I was told it was printed. Little did I know that yes, it was printed. They brought the original manual to the printer and just have them "copy" it. I had to call them because of some strange markings and unclear print, they admitted that they copied copyrighted information without written permission.

These people are just hacks, home business or not.

Well, they will no doubt get on here, each of them, within five minutes of each other, to invent new screen names and say how happy they are with their own service. (Think of this, why would someone looking to testify for a business, get on Pissed Consumer).

Leibnitz, Steiermark, Austria #198531

Just received my manuals! vary happy with the quality thanks guys. :grin

Leibnitz, Steiermark, Austria #198200

I have posted here before and will every time I make a purchase from Route 66 good or bad. I do this because as a small business owner myself and an acquaintance of the owners of Route 66, I feel people should hear about the good posts as well.

I also believe that ANY small web company that claims they have never had any issues is full of it! At least Route 66 does everything they can to rectify problems as they come up.

I have to say I placed an order with Route 66 for a tact switch last month and it took a bit longer than I expected, but I got it and no one else had it or could get it. So yup could have come a bit faster but it’s all good.

Folks look closer there is only one post here that states they did NOT receive their goods, even Tim Pullen stated he received his order and was happy with the product.

I am always skeptical of posts like the two from Tammy P. and Jennifer, as they have nothing to add here at all. As it stands neither of them have disclosed any order placed with Route 66, if they have let’s here about it. I am thinking to myself that it’s such a coincidence that two chicks are posting here and have nothing to add.

LOL Drama queens live!

Leibnitz, Steiermark, Austria #198148

I have had nothing but excellent service from the guys at Route 66.

I checked the web first on them and found this site but I also checked the BBB and they have an "A" rating.

I purchased a vented memory door and new OS for my ASR and I am quite happy with the service and product.

Steve

:p

#192871

Exactly, you can tell that SEVERAL of these posts were made by the same person.

Who can blame him, though? I mean, he's grasping at straws to keep the business afloat.

#192869

Kind of easy to create a fake person on the internet. Kind of like you created another posts right before after your other one to "rave" about the service.

Here's a helpful hint for you....spell check. That way, your consistant style of spelling and grammar won't come through.

#190823

I placed an order for the Ell replacement drive last week I received it and have it installed.

I am VARY happy with the product and even got to chat with Richard for 20 mins on the Ell.

I have to say he is NOT rude and has tons of knowledge and stories about 80s gear.

#190819

Hey Tammy so i don't exist? hummm that's an interesting statement.

I have known Richard for 12 years and worked for him for 2 years. I helped him with one of his first projects the Ecooler.

#190756

Tim Pullen The thing is that you had your guy in the UK order this item and you and he had a communication issue and this is the fault of Route 66? Come on your nuts, just look at your long winded rant.

As I posted before:

After reading both sides of this issue I checked with customs and Richard at Route 66 is correct, an invoice or a way bill in hand is not acceptable for customs to calculate the duty tax or release a package.

The invoice HAS to be attached to the package when it arrives because anyone could forge an invoice.

Now if that’s not the issue here I also checked with Pay pal and you DO NOT need to show any form of invoice or proof of shipping to anyone to send money to or from South Africa with Pay pal...that’s just flat out nonsense.

If that is not the issue and it lies with the REAL BUYER...which you state was located in the UK. Then Richard only has a commitment to the UK BUYER and not you. How is it Richard's problem that you are having an issue sending your payment to the BUYER in the UK? It almost sounds like YOU were having a communication problem with your REAL BUYER in the UK and didn’t want to send him the money unless you knew the goods were shipped.

Lastly if the guys at Route 66 got hot under the collar with you well...maybe you deserved it. I mean according to YOUR original post Route 66 said they did not want to do business with you because of shipping issues to South Africa.

They provided a tracking number and that wasn’t good enough. Then they provided a Pay pal invoice for payment received and that wasn’t good enough. Then they emailed a Word doc invoice and again that wasn’t good enough. Really? Come on what do you expect?

That would *** me off too and I think I would have to give you the verbal 1 2, I don’t care who you are or how much you purchased.

I am not sure what more the guys at Route 66 could have done here and it seems nothing was going to make this guy happy.

I have been selling on EBay now for 7 years and I have a top rated seller status.

In 2007 I decided to quit all overseas shipping because of clients just like this.

So that's my two cents

I have just recently made a purchase from Stacy at Route 66 and I have to say the experience was fantastic.

Get a life Tim

Just so you know, there is no "David" at Route 66. This company is just Richard and his wife working out of their basement.

I have just read your posting as below.

1. Written by Jeff (nickname), on 24-08-2010 13:07

Hi guys, I'm sorry but I think there are some serious issues there. I've bought a part from route66studios a few months ago and never got it.

All my emails are not answered and I'm still waiting.

Yes, I'm from outside of the US, and doing a lot of purchasing from the US without any problems (I don't even have to call or send an email) I've been waiting for about 3 months now for the package to arrive and,

well, honestly, I've already given up on this one.. I'll try somewhere else. So, FYI.

=====================================

Comment by Tim Pullen:-

According to the other feedback on this forum, you must not ask for a copy of the invoice or a copy of the posting slip so that you can trace the goods that were paid for.

Outside of the USA, it's quite normal to ask for this kind of documentation, when trying to trace a parcel.

Now if I were to send a parcel to someone in the USA and put a value on the customs declaration, the American Customs department will want to see paperwork, where was it sent from, how was it paid for etc.

But some of the people on the forum, even go as far as to say that I am lying when I say that an IMPORTER has to declare goods into a foreign country.

Some of the people on the forum are so arrogant, and so impressed with themselves for living where they do, that it wouldn't occur to them that, UNTIL THEY HAVE TRAVELED THE WORLD - THEY WILL REMAIN POORLY EDUCATED if not even considerably IGNORANT AS TO MATTERS ABROAD.

I have many friends in America, whom I care to visit from time to time, and agree that America is ONE OF THE great counties to visit and live in, but really feel that some of the inhabitants need to own a passport and use it.

And people, please, before you venture out of your borders there are a few four and five letter words you need to be able to use correctly, its not complicated.

These are Your You're There Their

=====

Finally - If people stopped to read my first posting, you will see that, I did not knock the quality of the goods supplied or Route 66's technical ability at all - What I said was that the PERSON I dealt with was rude. I hope that little companies like Route 66 continue to do well enough to continue to exist, because they provide good quality components.

My comment and complaint was that the person whom I think was called Richard was rude to me and rude and argumentative towards one of my AMERICAN relatives by the name of Lisa Kroeger who called Route 66 to enquire about my shipment.

If anyone would like me to email them complete copies of my correspondence via email, I am happy to do so. I can be contacted at timpullenorganfix@gmail.com

All my emails are not answered and I'm still waiting.

I have to level the field here, these guys at Route 66 are VARY good at what they do.

I have had a Roland JX10 now for years and it just stopped making any sound but booted up just fine. Richard at Route 66 knew exactly what the issue was and we purchased the parts. Now my JX10 is 100% again and I for one am vary happy!

For those of you that have had problems with shipping, remember Route 66 is a SMALL company and sometimes you just gotta wait your turn.

Ya Baby!

Ya Scott they don't ship the batteries in the same packaging as USPS has strict rules about shipping batteries. I got mine just a few days later as well, no big deal. The way I see it is that it's worth the wait to get the quality product.

I placed an order for both the Emulator ll floppy drive and the SY77 drive and 2 batteries/holders. Both are just as stated and now I have given new life to old *** gear. Thanks Richard! great work

Lee

I think they are VERY poor at customer relations. I paid them over a month ago for a drive and one of their "10 year batteries" which they claimed they had in stock on their website.

The drive came 3 weeks later with no confirmation that it was ever sent but no battery in the box. I was quoted a single shipping price which indicated both items would be shipped together. I inquired via both email and phone (never got a call back) to have a single line response back stating that the battery was shipped in a different package. ..

? That was over a week ago. Still no battery. No other communication.

I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB in WI after this note and I am giving him until the end of the week to produce all the merchandise I paid for or I am going to reverse the charges thru VISA as a fraudulent internet sale and let him sort it out with PayPal. I am NOT overseas.

Priority mail only takes 2 days. This guy needs someone else handling customer inquiries.

So that's my two cents

:grin

Rude staff? sorry I never encountered this, I placed an order and it took about a week and I had it in my hand's...no problems here. :p

#122030

www.Route66studios.com have an A- rating with the BBB of Wisconsin, I checked it myself not even one single issue to date. These guys are nice to work with and the service is professional. I ordered a firmware update for my Akai s1000 and it came just as listed.

Thanks Guys!

I just made a purchase from www.Route66studios.com (MC500 replacement drive) and I am vary happy with the service and parts.

No problems. :grin

I think that small WEB company's should not ship out of the US because they are almost always caught up in garbage like this.

If I were Richard at Route 66 I would quit overseas shipping altogether and I would stop helping MITA members as well...they both sound like jerks.

I know for a fact Richard, David and Stacy from Route 66 have worked with many techs and musicians from all over the world without any issues...so here's some good stuff about Route 66.

David...thanks for helping me fix my super JX10!

Dar P.S Timmy get a life.

WOW... Timmy's a spelling teacher! I am a musician who plays music and doesn't care if I spell a word wrong now and then.

Route 66 Studios is still the best place for vintage synth parts that will never change.

Hang in there Richard! these guys are just jerks with nothing better to do.

Hey Turner and MR. Pullen quit your ***, when you make a purchase with Pay pal you receive an INVOICE of payment sent and from the seller you receive a INVOICE of payment received OMG that's 2 invoices!.

I checked with customs for the VAT and an INVOICE in your hand is NOT valid anyway.

It has to be shipped with the package, and by the way Route 66 did supply a Global priority shipping tracking number which has a printable shipping form on the USPS web site and even created MR. Pullen an invoice with MS word.

All your doing here is trying to cause problems, your also making MITA members look like a bunch of losers. So get the facts before you start and if your not happy with our service and shipping then go shop somewhere else.

Richard at Route 66

As a earlier member of the MITA forum, I recall this issue well.

I remember Tim Pullen VERY well - He is one of the most respected techs in the industry and made many valuable contributions to the MITA organization.

Tim is currently working on the design of Electronic Pianos in the Far East.

From my memory of the situation, and by re-reading Tim Pullen's posting ABOVE.

He was simply asking you to email him proof of shipping from your-side so that he could provide the officials in South Africa that the goods had been shipped.

Also in fairness - Tim Pullen was not complaining about your product in any way and he made it quite clear that once the parts were received months and months later, the parts worked as expected.

The complaint was levied at the apparent rude attitude of the sales person at Route 66, and the lack of Route 66 sending Tim Pullen a scanned copy of the shipping paperwork.

David, at no time in your reply do you say that you complied with the simple request for proof of shipping, with a copy of the shipping waybill or documents.

What is the literacy level of some of the people on this forum?

One person spells the word VERY incorrectly as VARY, and the other person behaves very "Un American" by being abusive to someone from another continent, and then states that Mr Pullen expected the goods to be sent without payment.

Read the post again guys - I don't see how a request for a copy of the shipping documents drove a hair up your anus!!

PEOPLE CAN YOU NOT READ ACCURATELY, BEFORE POSTING AN IGNORANT REPLY?

:cry

Man...this must be why sellers on Ebay always refuse to ship overseas! I just can't believe that the guys at Route 66 would even deal with jerks like this.

Have ordered EPROMS and manuals from them and they have always arrived on time with no issues.

Tom H

:grin

Ok...I can't think of even one company that can say that they haven't had an issue with overseas shipping. Customs on both sides sucks and some areas are worse that other's (Germany, Africa, Mexico are bad)

Route 66 Studios always does everything they can to make sure that what you order gets to you and works 100% when you get it. I know because I had a package that was delayed and when I got it it was damaged by the USPS. The guys at Route 66 re-shipped my order the same day and even tossed in a couple of free bee's for me :) vary cool customer service.

I am quite pleased with the service and by the way I checked with the BBB of Wisconsin and Route 66 studios has a A- rating based on BBB files on a scale from A+ to F....not bad!

I have placed 8 orders over the last two years from www.Route66studios.com without any issues.

With these orders I have been in many places on tour including overseas and they have come through for me EVERY time!

Don't believe the *** you read here or in any forums about these overseas problems, these are *** artists trying to get something for nothing. It happens all the time to big companys and now were seeing it happen to all kinds of small guys as well. Sadly this kind of problem is what is causing the higher cost of shipping for orders all around the world.

Hang in there Route 66 we love you guys!

Andrew

Route 66 Rocks! no one else has what these guys have or do what they do.

Dude from Africa...you sound like a nut case! Bush? come on get your *** together before you order from the states, you dumb *** over seas need to stop your ***. You state in your rant that your product arrived and works great...so shut up quit being a baby and be happy that someone still supports your 10 yr old junk.

You stated you could not send money without proof of purchase? or proof of shipping? Why would ANYONE in their right mind ship you anything before you paid for it? Dumb ***.

People...Route 66 is trusted and has worked along side companies like Ensoniq, Emu, Roland, Korg and Yamaha directly for many years. I have placed many orders with them and have many web friends that have done the same without issue.

Stephen synth guru

Dear David,

I read your posting with intreague. I can post your and my email correspondence where you became abusive and aggressive.

All I asked you very nicely for was PROOF OF POSTAGE, which instead of simply scanning and emailing to me, you started dodging the issue and being ***.

A PayPal receipt is not any record of goods being shipped or posted. So why was I being sent the PayPal information?

I wasn't asking you for anything difficult, it was simply "Hey guy, please send me your proof of postage receipt so that I can track the missing parcel from myside!"

Can you produce any email document where you were civil and compliant with our very normal request? I can produce a lot of email where you obviously didn't read my email, and just replied with a tirade.

You treated me as a crook and scoundrel from the very first time I contacted you, wanting to pay you by VISA Card. I even asked if I could get money wired to you by our bankers.

I also identified myself as a person well known to the MITA organization, having attended seminars in Vegas and having been a paid up member for some years. You could have made a simple phonecall to MITA or even googled my name and company to allay your apparent paranoia.

You make mention of not sending stuff to AFRICA. Your ex-president Bush was said to have said that Africa is a COUNTRY.

AFRICA IS NOT A COUNTRY! IT IS A CONTINENT which spans from the Northern Hemisphere right down to the low end of the Southern Hemisphere.

The well documented financial scams and frauds are all from NIGERIA, which is in the NORTHERN Hemisphere..

South Africa is a prosperous country with Africa's strongest economy right at the bottom of the Southern Tip of Africa.

Something similar to Niagra Falls and Copacabana beach being considered neighbours.

With you and I being in a completely different segment of the world, and a timezone some 7 hours different to yours, I asked Lisa Kroeger to phone you. When Lisa Kroeger from Houston phoned you, you were also horrible and abusive to her telephonically. Lisa was travelling to Johannesburg and could have brought the drives with her if they had not yet been posted.

You say that I had a lack of ID.. This is complete rubbish. Further to this issue, of customs and I.D. - I have collected goods on a regular basis from the international customs department for 30 years - THE STAFF ALL KNOW ME BY NAME - I get invited to the annual Christmas Party... I don't need I.D. to clear goods from customs.

But if I did I have:--

1) A drivers Licence.

2) An I.D. Book

3) A passport - So I don't understand what you are alluding to or referring to.

THE 3 MONTH DELAY WAS APPARENTLY not due to poor overseas postal services, but FROM THE U.S.A. CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT, where unusual packages were reportedly scanned and investigated.

The part that really pushed a hair up my *** was when I told you that South Africa has very strict foreign exchange laws and that I have to provide proof of purchase / Proof of shipping / Proof of import to the bank for each and every transaction. You made out that I was not telling the truth. Do you even know what currency is used in our country? Here's a hint, It is not the American Dollar or the British Pound or Japanese Yen - It is the South African Rand - In order to obtain other currencies the Rand has to be exchanged to the different overseas money though EXCHANGE CONTROL RESERVE BANK.

In closing, I repeat that once the merchandise was received, it all worked as expected. So technically the product from Route66 is good, however our experience and Lisa Kroeger's experience of your consumer personal service and good selling skills was not good.

Route 66 is the only company out there supporting these old units, I have been VARY happy with my service and product!

Thanks Guys

Andrew

Route 66 Studios got me the parts I needed even when Yamaha could not, you guys rock!

Keep up the good work!

Sara :grin

#32045

This customer made his purchase via Pay pal, whenever a purchase is made through pay pal a notice of payment sent and a notice of payment received are sent both to the buyer and seller. This IS THE INVOICE.... it cover the buyers name, address, time of transaction, date, shipping costs, a transaction ID number, Email info, sellers info and total of all costs. This is always followed up from us to the customer with a Email copy of our Notice of payment received, our notice shows all the same info but also includes a note that we did receive the payment and the order is being processed. After all this Mr. Pullen was still not happy. All he had to do was print this info just as we do for each order so we have a paper copy, we even re-sent him this info several times...In fact I believe we made a custom Invoice in MS Word as well. Mr. Pullen states he was abused verbally, but never once did he actually call us on this issue. This was all handled via Email and nothing we could do for him was ever good enough. Mr. Pullen is just pissed off that his package was tide up in customs for months due to his lack of ID, this was the price he paid for being hardheaded. We wont have this issue again because we do not ship to Africa any longer due to all the mail and Email scams. We have been in biz for 8 years now and have shipped all over the world and other than delivery times being delayed by poor overseas mail services we rarely see issues like this.

Don't be afraid to do biz with Route 66, if you have a question or are worried about shipping details call us at: 608-755-1993 we are musicians too and want to help.

David at Route 66